Thursday, May 28, 2015

Run.....Run!

Because I am running more and since the Jingle Bell Run we did during the Christmas holiday, Collin has been really interested in running and getting his own medals.  So far, he has ran in two different races.  I ran with him in the first one.  Well, I started out running with him and he just took off!  He runs at least a 7 minute mile or faster.  During this race, he did get a stomach cramp and had to walk a third of the 1K run.  It also started raining really hard on us.  He did not mind that at all.  He did start running again when he knew the finish line, and Dad, were around the corner.  At the end, he was all smiles running under the finish line banner and getting his medal.

Before the race.  I just ran a 10K and was ready to run with Collin.

My running buddy

After the race



The next race was a 1K that raised money for his school district.  This time, he ran with a friend from his 1st Grade class and his little brother.  These boys had no idea that they would start running with Collin but not finish with him.  The race started, and Collin was off.  I ran over to the finish line so I could see my guy as he ran to the finish line.  I was not surprised to see him in front of the pack.  he was one of the younger kids in the group.  Proud momma when he finished and came over to get a victory hug.  His first question was when was his next race.  Just like his mommy!
And they are off!

Look at that smile.  He loves running!


The boys are happy to be finished and to show off their ribbons

No comments: